- DO NOT skip your medications. Take regularly prescribed medications at least two (2) hours before you arrive. If you have an inhaler, please bring it with you.
- IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY TAKING DIABETIC/WEIGHT LOSS MEDICATIONS such as Ozempic®, Mounjaro®, Wegovy®, Rybelsus®, Trulicity®, Victoza®, or other semaglutide or GLP-1 receptor agonists, please call the Endoscopy Center immediately. You must discontinue this type of medication for a full 7 days before a sedated procedure.
- DO NOT take oral diabetic medication or insulin the morning of your procedure. Bring your insulin with you.
- Test your blood sugar before coming in for your procedure and bring the reading with you.
- Please contact the physician that manages your diabetic care if you have any questions regarding your oral medication or insulin dosage.
- If you are taking blood thinners, call your prescribing physician and ask if you may stop taking the medication for the required amount of time prior to your procedure.
- You may continue taking aspirin, ibuprofen and other anti‐inflammatory medications.
Bring with You:
- Leave valuables and phone/devices at home or with your driver
- Photo ID and Insurance Card
- Your inhaler, if you use one
- Your insulin, if you use it
- List of all medications, vitamins and supplements you are taking (include dosage and last date and time each medication was taken before your arrival)
- Wear a short-sleeved shirt
Arrive at your scheduled time. Please call us at 801-619-1115 if you have any questions regarding your preparation.
Utah State regulations require patients to have a responsible adult present and able to drive them home after a sedated medical procedure. A taxi, Uber or any other paid driver cannot act as such. Patients arriving without a driver have the choice of rescheduling the procedure for a time when a driver can be present or having their procedure without sedation.