Granite Peaks Gastroenterology offers excellent career opportunities, great benefits and an enjoyable work environment. Our organization believes in improving lives through exceptional and compassionate care. We understand the importance of dedication, growth and a good work-life balance. We value our employees and are committed to helping individuals succeed in a career at Granite Peaks Gastroenterology.
At Granite Peaks Gastroenterology, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package for our eligible employees such as:
- – Medical, dental and vision insurance
- – Employer-funded Health Equity Account contributions
- – Health Advocate support
- – Life insurance and long-term disability
- – Paid time off and holidays
Medical Scribe – Part-Time 30-32 HoursView Details
Granite Peaks Gastroenterology is a busy and fast-paced GI clinic in Sandy, Utah. We believe in compassion care and exceptional service and our clinic is very patient-focused. We have an exceptional physician group that serves our patient population. We are looking for a Medical Scribe to support our growing and dynamic team.
Scribe responsibilities may be required including:
Performance in all clerical and information technology functions for a physician in a clinic setting. This includes primary responsibility of the operation of the electronic health records and electronic dictation system (NextGen). You also must be able anticipate physician needs to facilitate the flow of clinic. The Medical Scribe must be discreet, tactful, and modest in performance of duties so as not to distract medical staff from patient care. Good judgment, organizational ability, initiative, attention to detail, and the ability to be self-motivated are especially important when working as a Medical Scribe. You must be adaptable and versatile since you will be responsible for many tasks. Good attendance is also an important element of this job since you will be hard to replace. The primary goal of these responsibilities is to increase the efficiency and the productivity of the physician. The Medical Scribe will allow the doctor to focus on what is most important, the patient.
Some of the more detailed job duties and responsibilities of a Medical Scribe are:
- Accurately and thoroughly document medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the physician
- Dictation/faxing/phone calls and clerical tasks.
- The Medical Scribe will spot mistakes or inconsistencies in medical documentation and check to correct the information in order to reduce errors.
- Medical Scribes collect, organize and catalog data for physician quality reporting system and other quality improvement efforts and format for submission.
- Attend training on diverse subjects such as information technology, legal, HIPAA and regulatory compliance, billing and coding. Quickly assimilate new knowledge into processes and procedures.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Language Skills– The ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Medical Scribes must be proficient in typing and good at spelling, punctuation, grammar, and oral communication. Must be able to listen to complex medical information and summarize in a clear, complete, and concise fashion. Excellent English composition skills required to generate professional, polished writing at a high rate of production. Handwriting must be clear and legible.
- Understanding of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, diagnostic procedures, pharmacology, and treatment assessments to the extent required to understand and accurately transcribe dictated reports. Translate medical abbreviations into their expanded forms.
- Mathematical Skills– Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Prepare and interpret charts and graphs. Have the ability to compute ratio and percent.
- Reasoning Ability– Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to apply logic and draw conclusions based on knowledge. Have the ability to refer to reference materials to solve problems.
- Computer Skills– To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to learn and use all functions of electronic medical record software and transcription software. Must accurately enter data into a database, search for information, send and receive email and attachments. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word in order to prepare correspondence, medical reports, and other documents. Must use Microsoft Excel to prepare flowcharts and organize data. Must use the internet to access schedules, research information, etc.
Certified Medical Assistant
Use of Next Gen EHR
Job Type: Part-time
- Medical Scribe: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- One location