Welcome to March, National Colon Cancer Awareness Month!
- Colon Cancer is the second leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the U.S.
- On average, your risk is about 1 in 20 (varies according to individual risk factors, i.e., family history)
- 90% of new cases occur in people 50 or older, however, colon cancer does not discriminate and can happen to men and women at any age. Colonoscopy screening at this age is crucial.
- People with a first-degree relative (parent, sibling or offspring) who has colon cancer have two to three times the risk of developing the disease.
- Currently, there are more than one million colon cancer survivors in the U.S.
- March 5th: Colon Cancer Survivor Day
- March 7th: National Dress in Blue Day
- March 7th: National Colon Cancer Screening Day
- March 24th-28th: GI Nurses & Associates Week
Granite Peaks Gastroenterologist, Dr. Kyle Barnett will be doing interviews on throughout March to raise awareness for colon cancer.
- March 11th: Channel 4 mid-day
- March 13th: Channel 2 afternoon
- March 19th: Channel 5 afternoon
Granite Peaks Gastroenterology accepts all insurance plans and performs screening colonoscopies at the following locations:
- Sandy: 10150 S. Petunia Way, Sandy, UT 84092
- Riverton: 12600 S. 3741 W., Riverton, UT 84065
- Draper: 74 Kimball’s Lane, Draper, UT 84020
Schedule your life-saving procedure by calling (801) 619-9000, then press number 1 when prompted. You can also request an appointment by clicking here. Someone will contact you within 24 hours of submitting your request. Schedule an appointment today, if not for you, do it for those you love.
Learn about our Endoscopy Center by clicking here.