Symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis
The symptoms of ulcerative colitis revolve mainly around bowel movements. Patients may notice discomfort and a significant change in bowel habits.
- Rectal Pain and/or Bleeding
- Frequent, Loose Bowel Movements
- Blood and Pus in Stools
- Severe Straining with Bowel Movements
- Feeling of Incomplete Bowel Movements
- Urgency to Have a Bowel Movement
- Joint Pain/Arthritis
Patients suffering with these symptoms should see a gastroenterologist right away for an accurate diagnosis and an appropriate, effective treatment plan.